The Frozen City
- Spell DC is now 10 + ½ caster level (round down) + caster stat, no spell level involved
- CMB never includes weapon bonuses; enchantments, weapon focus feats etc.
- Leveling Experience is extremely simplified; 10 Exp are needed per level, Exp points will be awarded to the group for story progress, achieving goals, and particularly good moments. Note that combat is not on the list but combat that furthers the story is still story progress or even achieving a goal. In addition good role play or filling your Vices, Virtues, or Allegiances (see below) earn you individual experience points.
- The magical item crafting feats are now a single feat, Craft Magical Items (requiring caster level 3), this is to match the new Craft Alchemic and Craft Ethertech Feats.
- Buy, and sell of magical items, while possible, is never assumed
The Talismanic components rule is in use when crafting magical items.
- Firearms are martial weapons, firearms and their ammunition cost 25% of the price listed in the book. All Firearm misfire values are reduced by 1 (minimum 0).
- All skills are class skills for all classes
- A few Skill changes to note:
- Skills like Heal and Sense motive may be used in combat as a move action to assess wounds/ assess the mental state of a character (Sense Enchantment) this is in addition to their normal uses.
- Perception and Sense Motive have a baseline/passive score of 10+skill bonus. This passive score is used when a character isn’t actively looking for something and is compared to the Perception/Sense Motive DC for what you notice without actively searching.
- This game takes place in a city as such Survival is change to a more Urban Street Smarts skill. Allowing a character to scrounge up a meal (Hunt) or Tail (Follow Tracks) a target an urban environment.
- Craft (Aeronautics), Knowledge (Aeronautics), Craft (Etheric), Knowledge (Etheric), & Knowledge (Alchemy) are added to the game. These are for the new technology of Aeronautics (Airships), Ethertech and for knowledge of the Alchemic technologies. See Crafting.
- Some Skills while available are less useful in this setting, Geography, Nature, Planes and Ride. While they will still come up, and I’m not saying don’t get them, they are less likely/common within the setting.
- Careful Casting: A character may carefully and deliberately cast a spell spending 20 times a spells standard cast time to gain the effects of maximize on the spell, I’ll also allow this with spell like abilities. Once started, stopping a Careful Casting loses the spell spending the spell slot with no effect, damage triggers concentration checks as normal for spell casting. Maybe some creative stuff will be done with this at some point but the main thought is for healing and recovery in between flights.
- Short Rest :Once a day, a character may take an hour to rest and recover/prepare their class level + caster stat in spell levels of spells as well as letting characters recover health via Treat Deadly Wounds aspect of the Heal skill. For casters this time is spent studying their spellbook, praying, re-brewing extracts etc.
“When treating deadly wounds, you can restore hit points to a damaged creature. Treating deadly wounds restores 1 hit point per level of the creature. If you exceed the DC by 5 or more, add your Wisdom modifier (if positive) to this amount. A creature can only benefit from its deadly wounds being treated within 24 hours of being injured and never more than once per day.” – CRB