The Frozen City
The Districts of Ptolus
The city of Ptolus comprises eleven official districts.
- Docks: Though small, the Docks is an important area in
this trade city.
- Guildsman District: This is where much of the city’s commerce occurs. Most local guilds have their headquarters in the Guildsman District.
- Midtown: The heart of the city, Midtown is one of the largest and most populous districts.
vNecropolis: Like just about everything else in Ptolus, the local cemetery is more than it appears. Undead creatures and the Forsaken, their living allies, dwell within the Necropolis.
- Nobles’ Quarter: The wealthy of the city live atop the highest cliffs in Ptolus. The intrigues among the nobles drive a fair bit of the action in Ptolus, aside from the traditional noble estates, don’t miss the very strange Castle Shard and the Holy Palace.
- North Market: One of two markets in Ptolus, the North Market is known for its open-air stalls more than its workshops. Those interested in the technology of the Empire should check out the Smoke Shop, and shoppers can always take a break at the Red Stallion pub.
- Oldtown: As the name implies, this is the oldest part of the city. Today the district of Oldtown serves as the center for all local administrative needs. You’ll find the fortress of Dalenguard here, as well as the Administration Building, the Imperial University, and the City Library.
- Rivergate: Although primarily a residential district, the Rivergate section of Ptolus still offers interesting locales to visit. Two of them are the Well of the Shadow Eyes and Finelle’s Pleasant Diversions.
- South Market: The South Market offers more shops than open markets, as well as a number of commodities markets and workshops. The proprietors of Blackstock Printing hold an interesting secret, and the Golden Tooth offers wares for those with a taste for gold. But there’s more than just shops.
- Temple District: Teeming with churches, shrines, and the headquarters of various religious orders, the Temple District is a strange hodgepodge of good and evil.
- Warrens: The smallest district in Ptolus is also the worst. The Warrens holds the city’s slums, a place as lawless and dangerous as one might fear.